O̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶P̶o̶s̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶:̶ ̶P̶l̶a̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶A̶s̶s̶o̶c̶i̶a̶t̶e̶
[alert close-button style=”danger uk-alert-large”]
[heading size=”h1″ style=”underline”]Update[/heading]
We have filled this position. Stay tuned to meet our new associate!
LeConte Wealth Management, LLC is a full-service wealth management firm located in Maryville, TN. We provide counsel that helps people make good choices with their financial resources to help them achieve financial independence and fulfillment. We rely on teamwork, technology and decades of experience to deliver results for our clients.
Status: Exempt, health insurance and profit sharing benefits available. Two weeks paid vacation after probationary period.
Reports to: Managing Partners, Director of Financial Planning
This is a summary outline of the responsibilities initially required of a Junior Planning Associate for LeConte Wealth Management.
Our Planning Associate is an integral part of our ensemble organization. With financial planning responsibility for the firm’s clients, a Planning Associate learns to be an advisor– first, by assisting in building the business while allowing the Lead Advisor to focus on advising the clients. A successful Planning Associate may then move up to advising clients, dependent on licensing, experience and expertise.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
A Planning Associate supports the firm’s ensemble of advisors by aiding with a variety of tasks so the advisors are more efficient and focused on business development and professional responsibilities. They must be passionate about helping individuals achieve their goals by overcoming their financial and behavioral shortcomings. The candidate must enjoy working on a collaborative team to learn from other team members. Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Attend client meetings; take, assemble and transcribe notes relative to action items, tasks and decisions made during appointments.
- Assist with signature collection from clients, copying of documents or other tasks required during client meetings
- Monitor and follow up with all action items from client meetings
- Monitor and follow up with all work-related notes with members of staff, reps or clients
- Schedule client appointments according to work or Advisory Report mailings
- Calendar, confirm and start appointment preparation for each client appointment set
- Can maintain a flexible weekly work schedule, which will include working evenings as needed and may include an occasional weekend day.
- Prepare and analyze personal and business tax returns (training provided)
ADVISORY OPERATIONS SUPPORT
- Update asset values and run reports from database
- Assist Operations Manager where needed, have a strong desire to learn the operations aspects of the organization
- Assist with document scanning
- Maintain client files in appropriate order
- Respond to client inquiries and assist with client request to provide the highest level of client service
- Maintain appointment calendar according to Planner’s protocol
- Assist with answering telephones when needed
- Assist Operations Manager when needed
- Assist with answering client questions when needed
- Assist with workshops, seminars and client educational events
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Series 65 or 66 (if not licensed, then desire to attain license within 120 days)
- Insurance Certification preferred or a strong desire to obtain Insurance Certification
- Licensed or enrolled in Certified Financial Planner® program a plus – if not licensed or enrolled, must want to become a Certified Financial Planner® in the future
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; strong typing and note taking skills, including being able to transcribe client meeting notes efficiently and accurately
- Superior customer service skills
- Advanced level computer skills; strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to multi-task in dynamic environment
- Comfort with being a “team player” and doing whatever is needed, big or small
- Able to manage and get along with diverse personalities
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail with a perfectionist’s eye
- Successful sales experience a plus
- A willingness to succeed!
ESSENTIAL MENTAL FUNCTIONS
- Impeccable ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills; efficient multi-tasker
- Effective follow-up, deadline focused
- Ability to learn new computer programs quickly and embrace technology
- Detail oriented with high degree of accuracy
- Energetic, eager to learn, willing to cooperate
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently as well as under direction
- Positive, cooperative attitude is a must
- Enjoy working in a calm, stress-free environment
- Appreciate the values and appeal of East Tennessee, its residents and its culture.
- Able to process constructive critiques to learn and grow professionally
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
All positions in our office require interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. To best service our customers, stores and vendors, all employees must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone with or without reasonable accommodation.
Constant use of computer and telephone
Use of office equipment, including copier, fax, scanner, shredder, etc.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Submit your contact information and resume here: